• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: Big weekend for Astros

(LADIES REMOVE YOUR HATS)

This is the biggest Astros weekend since the Alan Ashby bobble head giveaway. I am not kidding. Win three (that would be a sweep) against the dreaded Rangers and you are back in business. The brutal truth remains. The Rangers are 44-34 on the road. They have won nine of the their last 11. The Astros are 3-8 in their last 11.

As they start the last series for the ASTROS IN THEIR OWN BALLPARK, the locals have made great progress. In the very cool stat known as runs allowed vs. runs scored, Houston is a plus 93. The Rangers are a plus 5. By that stat the ASTROS should be a run away, but they are not. Not by a long shot. In case you are keeping track the Astros aren't as good as you might think. After the 27-14 start they are 53-59.

Now to the Thursday night game. As a build up the NFL NET talked to REDSKINS HERO, Joe Theismann. I introduced him years ago at a TOUCHDOWN CLUB HIGH SCHOOL FUNCTION. Joe talked for a long time. A really long time. I had six iced teas. I listened to Joe's theme. He said get up in the morning and make it a great day. He hit the theme hard. Look in the mirror every day and say, "I am going to make this a great day."  I couldn't take it any longer. I left the stage to make my way to the restroom. Joe called me out. I said "Joe, I am taking your lead. I am going to do what I do the first thing each morning." JOE WASN'T AMUSED. The audience was. I gotta see if Joe is still talking.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

More...
Working...