• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: Big wins for Astros, Texans

(PLEASE REMOVE YOUR SPIKES)

The TEXANS and ASTROS were winners. The Astros are still alive as they are coming off 53 home wins. Six road games to go and in the severe heat of a pennant race, they end it in Phoenix. A weird interleague deal with no incentive for the D-Backs whatsoever. Dallas of Beard has the AL lead in wins with 19; 15 of those in a home uniform. He and David Price are neck and neck for the Cy Young Award.

Speaking of Cy, some years ago I was playing in an ASTROS Fantasy camp and we had a one-eyed pitcher who had a terrific knuckler. Former Astro and resident funny guy, Norm Miller, gave the pitcher the CYCLOPS AWARD. Nice.

THE TEXANS GAME was sort of like waiting for the submarine to come up out of the water. You know they are gonna do it eventually. But if you like that "up and down the field offense," your ship has yet to come in. Next up is the Falcons. Does a 1-3 start sound possible? Way more than possible. I salute those thousands of fans sitting in the fashionable CLUB LEVEL. Once again proud to sit at the bars with backs to the field.

JORDAN SPIETH won another big golf tourney and an even bigger paycheck. He was in high school four years ago. How does a guy who only stayed in school at UT for 1 1/2 years expect to get a good job? I wonder if he runs the risk of the JEFF GORDON SYNDROME. Jeff has many non-fans for just one reason. He wins a lot. We should all have that problem. I gotta see if my $5 lottery win will get me on easy street.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

More...
Working...