X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Rockets ready to open training camp

The Houston Rockets will open training camp Tuesday. They will do so after a season that included playoff success for the first time in six seasons. 

The Rockets advanced to the conference finals last season, beating the Mavericks and Clippers before falling to the eventual champion Warriors.

The team held media day Monday with more familiar faces than usual.

Nearly the entire core of the team returns after Houston posted the second-best record in the west and was a conference finalist. 

They lost forward Josh Smith in free agency to the Clippers, but re-signed guard Pat Beverley and forwards Corey Brewer and K.J. McDaniels, along with guard Jason Terry.

They also traded for point guard Ty Lawson, who was third in the NBA in assists last season while playing his sixth season with the Denver Nuggets.

"I think I look good in the white and red," Lawson said, while wearing his Rockets uniform for the first time. 

"I'm happy to be here, they city's been showing me a lot of love through Instagram and social media and being out, so I'm just happy to be here.

"Coach likes the pace to be pushed, I can do that," Lawson added.  "Also (I'm) another play maker, so James doesn't have to make every play down the stretch. He can save his legs and stuff like that."

More...
Working...