X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Rockets talk about starting training camp

The Houston Rockets were one of the last four teams standing last season.

They believe they can improve on that as they prepare for the 2015 NBA season.

Training camp opens Tuesday and while the team returns the nearly all of the key contributors to their conference finals group from last season, it's a key addition that is worth watching as the season approaches.

Ty Lawson was acquired via trade by the Rockets after six seasons in Denver, the last of which brought some major issues. 

At the time of the trade during the offseason, Lawson was in a rehab facility in Los Angeles as a result of a DUI. It was his second DUI in seven months.

But from a basketball standpoint, Lawson brings a lot of skills to the Rockets. He was third in the NBA in assists last season.

It's his playmaking and ability to help his team's play at a face pace that appeal so much to Houston.

Asked what excites him about being with the Rockets, Lawson said, "How close they were last year to being in the Finals. I think I can help them make (it over) that hump.

"Just playing for an organization and team that is playing for something. Last year, they were almost there, so I'm just motivated."

More...
Working...