Daily Craig: Astros' season on the line in... Arizona? What?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Daily Craig: Astros' season on the line in... Arizona? What?

(Now entering the just say no zone)

Baseball in Houston has come down to three games. In Phoenix. Yes, Phoenix. The former manager of the baseball team in that town is hoping his current club can win all three. I know the ODDS are against it, but it's not as if the Diamondbacks are loaded with primo talent. The Astros won't have to fight off Luis Gonzalez or Randy Johnson or Mark Grace. The current bunch are just booking flights to their home towns in South Carolina or New Jersey. The dry heat has dried up. The people who schedule MLB games probably thought it would be cool to have two indoor teams play the last series of the season. And they aren't even in the same league. I maintain the D-Backs should be the AL team, not the Astros. If you don't have daylight savings, you should not be in the National League. (That is a little known rule I made up.)

It's bad enough an interleague match can decide if the Astros go to the postseason or not, but they can't even use their DH. Maybe they should ban pine tar and sunflower seeds while they're at it. The Rangers and Angels finish against each other. That's how it should be. The luck of the schedule is lucky for the fans. Astros fans will either be fond of recalling a series sweep or telling their kids,"I have no idea why they finished against Arizona." And another thing, quit trying to take the whole state into your marketing plan. It's Phoenix. Not Flagstaff or Tucson. Those towns only care about ASTRONOMY and COLLEGE FOOTBALL. And Phoenix in October only cares about the Cardinals.

So once again Houston is dripping with nervous sweat. But it's a humid sweat. I gotta see if someone has booked that swimming pool in center field. I know it's not TAL'S POOL. Maybe we should just stand on a CORNER IN WINSLOW, ARIZONA.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

More...
Working...