X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Admin
    TX HS Football Talk
    • Mar 2015

Astros playoff shirts flying off the shelves

If anyone ever had any doubts about the Houston Astros making the playoffs this year, the guys at Trademarks Promotional Products certainly didn’t.

A crew of 25 hard-working, T-shirt printing, color mixing maniacs started printing Houston Astros playoff shirts two days before Sunday’s big game ever started.

By Sunday morning, they had printed roughly 2,000 official “locker room shirts” as they call them.

“I told my guys to just get amped and get to it, because we have a lot of work to do. We need to have printed a total of 20,000 shirts by early Monday morning,” Todd Longenecker, the operations manager for Trademarks, told KPRC 2 News.

By Sunday night at 7 p.m. Academy Sports on Kirby had already set up a display and was selling the playoff shirts in assorted styles for between $19.99 and $27.99.

Cassandra Aguirre was shopping for one because she said it has been so long since her team has made the playoffs.

“It’s been such a long, long while. I was in the fifth grade the last time they went to the playoffs and I’m already graduated now, so it’s exciting,” Aguirre said.

Inside the Astros Team Store at Minute Maid Park, customers were busy buying up playoff gear all night long on Sunday and into Monday.

The store is staying open for 26 hours straight to satisfy the salivating fans who are ready to get their playoff groove on.

But none were more excited than Nolan McClosky, named after Nolan Ryan, and a man who lives right across from the ballpark. Nolan showed up to buy nifty, grey playoff shirts for both himself and his wife.

“I’ve waited 10 years for this moment -- I’m not about to miss any part of it,” McClosky said.

More...
Working...